Alternate Title: Colombian Infidelity Statistics
All Colombian women cheat – this is a common belief among expats in Colombia. I’ve been hearing it from gringos ever since moving here. I always dismissed it though. I thought these gringos were meet girls of a lower moral fiber. If you meet girls partying in La Candelaria and Zona Rosa doing cocaine or ecstasy, what do you think you’re going to get?
At university in St. Louis, I met many wholesome, family-type Latina women from Brazil to Peru. These kind of women come from the top 1% of society, usually homebodies that never leave their upper class bubbles. You’re not going to meet those girls snorting coke at Ceci’s. So I thought the infidelity perception was an anomaly due to the kind of Colombian women gringos meet.
That has slowly changed over time. Then, by extreme coincidence, I came across this hard copy El Tiempo article from March of last year: América Latina, territorio infiel (Latin America, land of infidelity). The article says that not only does greater Latin America cheat a lot, but Colombia leads the region. How can I argue with the national letter of record?
If you read Spanish, you can read the entire article linked above. If not, here’s what’s important:
6 of every 10 Latin Americans (63%) admit to having cheated at least once … Colombians seem to be the most unfaithful in the region … 66% of [Colombian] men and women admit to having cheated at least once.
The article isn’t as interesting as the statistics, and unfortunately the El Tiempo archive online doesn’t include those. So here are my picks, plus screenshots of the hard copy so you can see them all.
- 10.5% of Latin Americans would like to have sex more than seven times a week
- 9.2% of Latin Americans are currently cheating
- 45.2% of Latin women have never cheated
- 40.8% of Colombian women have never cheated
- 51% of Latin men have paid for sex
- 13.7% of Latin men’s first sexual experience was with another male
- 47.5% of Latin Americans have participated in trios or group sex
- 9.1% of Latin Americans currently participate in trios or group sex
- Colombian trio / group sex percentages are higher than greater Latin America
- 22.3% of Latin Americans had their first sexual experience before 16 years old
- 63% of Latin Americans grew up in homes where sex was never discussed
After reading this article, I started thinking about the dealings I’ve had with Colombian women, and I think a majority had boyfriends! From the very first Colombian girl I made out with to the current booty call.
I was also shocked at the trio numbers. Many of my friends in the States are freaky motherfuckers who’ve been with women numbered in the several hundreds, and done trains and that kind of thing. I’m nothing like that, but I believed I was on the experienced end of the spectrum. But if 47.5% of Colombians have been in a trio, maybe not! I was just in my first one here last year.